Monday, November 13, 2006

His Glory Revealed...

Peter 4:12-13- Do not be surprised at the painful trial that you are suffering as though something strange were happening to you, but rejoice that you participate in the suffering of Christ so that you will be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.

A dear friend..yes, Kari again :) has exposed me to this verse. At first I read it and thought aww...great verse. But, it has been calling to me in a way. I thought about it and tried to apply it and was having difficulty.

Today, I read it and my heart opened up to it and wow....I am really almost speechless. Really since we have opened up to foster care/adoption... a lot of things have became clearer and made me see things in a different light.

I am so content with the heartfelt knowledge that His glory will be revealed when we get home and the process of foster care begins. God has done everything but set me in the DSS parking lot showing me that this is a path He wants me on. He even gave me a job in the Health Department where I saw multiple foster families every day...yet, I have been more consumed and determined with my own plans and what I think is my future...than what my God has planned for me. I could go on and on as to why God sent us to Myrtle Beach...but the main purpose was for us to find His will for our lives. He gave us a great church that nurtured that, wonderful friends here, an awesome Pastor...who I think will always be that to me! But, while here, He allowed us to be on the mountain top....to quickly sink to the lowest valley of our lives. But....even in the Valleys....my God is good. I have became more humble to Him, quicker to turn to Him, more aware daily that if not for Him and His grace I wouldn't be where I am...and there is a mountain top in view. I just really feel that He has something great planned, and I haven't given up hope on having a child born to Scott and I...but that is not my only predestined path. I don't know why I have to always get into God's way when he knew me before I was thought of, knew where He wanted me...I would have been where He wanted me a long time ago...if it wasn't for that M word....ME ME ME ME!

His glory will be revealed, and there is this feeling in my heart and soul that it will be soon.

Isaiah 26:3
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment