Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter...

Easter was beautiful...COLD, but beautiful. We went to Myrtle Beach to spend it with our bestest friends Burt, Leslie and Colin. They invited us to stay at their house, and it was wonderful. Colin has grown so much and is running all around. He is so playful and happy.

I was apprehensive about leaving, but felt this would be the only chance for a long while to get away for a few days and I was really needing the comfort of my friends. When we decided to move home, I was excited to rejuvenate the relationships with family and friends. It hasn't been exactly as I had thought in some areas. I have really made a new start with Lisa and feel so close to her again. She really is a constant and I know if I need to talk or just get out I can call her and she would be there.

But when we got to Myrtle Beach it was as if we hadn't been apart for months...that is how friendship should be and I am so blessed to have Leslie as that friend...that forever kinda friend. She and Burt both opened up their home to us and shared the holiday so openly with Colin...they make us feel like we are a part of their family. It was hard to leave.

Just had a bath...he is such a happy baby, and she is such a great happy mommy. Scott and I were laying in bed hearing Leslie come get Colin when he cried at night. We both shared the same thought, they are such great parents and we are so glad we have them to learn from. Colin is so smart, he loves to be read to and it was so neat to see him pick up Scott's book and flip the pages - not ripping one! Most children his age would just tear that book to shreds...but Leslie and Burt read to him all the time - he knows how to handle a book :) Ohh and ain't Leslie beautiful!!


Colin saying Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooopie :)

So funny watching him plop the eggs in the cups of color, he would laugh so hard every time.


This was just before we were leaving...but he was this happy all weekend, he has the cutest toothy grin!


We were watching Scott load the car and he got all serious ... sniffles... I miss him already!



Leslie had just gotten him out of his crib and I was doing something so she handed him to Scott and he hugged all up on him...Scott loves this little boy so much!


Just looks like him and his awesome blue eyes are up to something!!

Colin is so smart, he just talks all kind of words it seems and he is a little mocking bird. He loves to point at your eyes and say eyes...nose. And he knows where BOOBIES are haha. He bout showed us all Leslies :)

We went to our church, and it felt like home. We went to Sunday School and nothing had really changed, everyone was there pretty much. Then went down for the service and there was my choir...singing pretty dang good without me. There was Doug with his amazing voice causing a hush over the crowd as he sang. Lance and Jennifer sang a song that was so pretty. Then there came my pastor who I think is one of the best preachers I have ever heard. They had a baptism service after the regular service and then the Easter Parade...parade of children in their new Easter outfits...sooooo cute. Greg Thompson our youth leader has moved to a different church, his presence will be missed for a while I am sure. He is so charismatic and full of God that he grabs your attention. I hate I didn't get to see Julie, Doug's wife...she is so sweet and I miss her so much. She and I were choir buddies and we kept each other on track when we weren't laughing and cutting up. Leave it to me to sit by the choir directors wife...SHE got me in trouble all the time *wink*.

Easter is hard, just like any holiday that is family oriented. Many times I sat in silence letting the tears roll down my face hoping no one saw. I wonder if my day will ever come that I will get to dress my child for Easter. I want to make that Easter Basket and see their eyes light up when we dye eggs. *SIGH* same story different day huh? I betcha get tired of hearing me pout.

Scott did nurse a kidney infection or possible stone this weekend. So we tried a little of everything then was suggested to have him drink a beer...my husband...drinking a beer...HAHAHA I never seen it and never thought I would...but, here is the proof!
He was so grossed out and his eyes were glassy and red from one bear...he is such a light weight haha.

We did walk on the beach before we left for home, was over cast with a cold wind.

Us at the beach...Scott is so cheesey when he smiles haha

We stopped to eat at Planet Hollywood and had my fav...Capt'n Crunch chicken fingers...YUMMMMMY

The drive home was crazy. We got stuck at the railroad tracks, then we stop so Scott can potty and I was fine, but not more than 20 minutes down the road I had to peeeee like crazy. I made Scott swerve through two lanes of traffic to get off the first exit. We get back on and there had been a horrible accident on interstate that if we had not stopped to let me pee we woulda probably been in that wreck. God can even make a girl pee huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment