Saturday, April 28, 2007

He shouldn't be our last resort!


John 14:14 'If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.'

A man asked help from his brothers, and they had no time. He turned to his children, and they had too many other things to do. He tried his friends, but they were all away. Feeling lonely and alone, he knelt down and prayed. Why is it that we turn to God only after all our other options are closed? God has promised to give us the desires of our hearts, and yet we seek them in a hundred other places. We need to make God our first choice, not our last. Keep the Lord first in you heart, first in your mind, and first in all you do and say. You'll be amazed what it can do for you!

He should NEVER be a last resort...always our first stop!

I do a devotion thread on a group I am a member of. It has pushed me to do devotions even more knowing that people are relying on me and that maybe one person may be affected spiritually by this.

I really had a hard time yesterday, I know I am pmsing...but my desire for a child sometimes just makes me lose my mind...and I am ashamed to say my faith sometimes. If I had such strong faith, why was I sitting here crying and frustrated...and frustrated is a horrible place to be. I don't like that word at all. I looked up the definition a while back and here it is...to make (plans, efforts, etc.) worthless or of no avail; defeat; nullify; to disappoint or thwart; to make INVALID or INEFFECTUAL! GRR I sat here yesterday calling our new insurance to see what fertility treatments are covered. NONE. I sat here angry, hurt, and my first act should have been to fall to my knees and ask God to make a way, but I had to have a pity party and it took all day and all evening to get to God. I admit I get angry at Him sometimes, because I don't understand why. I know there is a purpose, and most days I can accept that...but some days I just want to know. But my King is going to let me in on this on HIS time, he will deliver me from this valley that I live in, and one day I will know!

No comments:

Post a Comment