Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Back Surgery...approaches!

Yesterday I went to see Dr. Maxi, he was very nice and very concerned. He looked at the MRI and he showed me what is causing my pain and numbness and pins and needles. He tested my leg strength, was concerned with how weak my toes and foot and leg is. He suggested SURGERY EEEEK. But, I sorta expected it...my other back doctor wanted to do it but I put it off.

So here I am, waiting for the girl to call me back with some info. It will either be next Friday or the following Monday. He put ASAP on the order, so I knew it would be within the next 2 weeks. She called and asked me my preference and said she would call me back after lunch with the details.

I am nervous, but more anxious to get this pain gone. He said that 90ish % of patients pain will be gone, he is worried about how long I have let this go. That the nerve damage may be permanent. That scares me, I can't deal with this for the rest of my life...ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment