Saturday, May 17, 2008

Pink...

All things pink today. The shower for my nephew and his wife was today. So I woke up early today and got started on food and headed to the church. Lisa met me there and along with Brad and Scott we got it all done. The cake was sooo pretty. I got it at Sam's Club and was pleasantly surprised.

Pink table cloths, pink paper, pink cups, pink decos....SOOO much pink!

It was hard at times, shopping was the hardest. Getting things for prizes and decorations and such reminded Scott and I both who this shower is NOT for.

Shower guest start showing up, way more than I anticipated. By the time we got really going over 20 were there, and that is a lot for our family! She got tons of gifts, lots of what she needed.

We played a few games too, which were fun. It was so nice to see them all laughing and taunting each other to say baby or girl so they could steal their clothes pin.

Brad doted on Marquita so much, he will be such a great father. I didn't take a lot of pictures, so busy with other things and my back wasn't much fun. I don't know what I would have done without Lisa and Scott and Brad.

I was so glad to see aunts and cousins there, it made Kita feel even more welcomed into our family.

The only pics I took....sorry

The cake...so yummy, and so cheap compared to the bakery I was going to use.


lotsa food...a few left overs are you hungry??

I did take one pic of her....am such a slacker

And for some odd reason I only took pics of one of the gift tables...


Almost all came that was invited.


A little morose about the prospects of a shower in my honor. tick tock tick tock :(


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I have been "trying" for four years--the last year and a half with medical intervention...we recently gave up and are headed down the adoption path. I feel your pain--especially with the shower. Last month I was responsible for planning my little sister's baby shower. The day itself wasn't so bad, but shopping was heart-wrenching. I just wanted to let you know that I know your pain...

    ReplyDelete